Clean Fuels Program > Overview > Grant & Loan Program
Clean Fuel Vehicle Grant and Loan Program
2013-14 Award Announcement
The Utah Division of Air Quality has completed the evaluations of the Clean Fuel Grant and Loan Program applications for 2013-14. Grants totaling $250,000 and loans totaling $100,000 will be awarded. Successful applicants are being notified by mail regarding the details of their award. Congratulations to the following entities:
- Salt Lake City, Corporation — Grant
- Jordan School District — Grant and Loan
- Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District — Grant
Successful projects include the purchase of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) refuse trucks and school buses as well as refueling equipment for the school buses. These purchases will support air quality improvement along the Wasatch Front through the use of advanced vehicle technologies.
The Utah Clean Fuels and Vehicle Technology Grant and Loan Program, funded through the Clean Fuels and Vehicle Technology Fund, provides grants and loans to assist businesses and government entities in covering:
|A loan to cover the cost of converting vehicles to a cleaner burning fuel||A grant to cover 50% of the cost of converting vehicles to a cleaner burning fuel (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed)|
|A loan to cover the cost of retrofitting vehicles with verified technologies||A grant to cover the cost of retrofitting vehicles with verified technologies|
|A loan to cover the incremental cost of an OEM vehicle as defined in 19-1-402||A grant to cover 50% of the incremental cost of an OEM vehicle as defined in 19-1-402 (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed)|
A loan to cover the cost of refueling equipment for a private sector business vehicle or a government vehicle?
|A grant for a State match of a federal or nonfederal grant for the purchase of vehicle refueling equipment for a private sector business vehicle or a government vehicle|
- The annual combined total for all approved grants and loans shall not exceed a maximum of $250,000 for a total of $500,000 per year.
- The maximum amount that may be approved by the Department for a loan or a grant is $100,000 per project; the minimum amount that may be approved is $5,000 per project.
- The maximum number of vehicles purchased, converted, or retrofitted using grant funds by any fleet operator shall not exceed 100 vehicles.
- 19-1-403 (1)(b) and R305-4-9 describe all of the restrictions for the Loan Program.
- 19-1-403 (1)(c) and R305-4-8 describe the restrictions for the Grant Program.
- Loan rates for a private sector vehicle shall be made at an interest rate provided by Subsection 19-1-404(2)(c). (Review the current loan rates.)
- A maximum of 2 years will be allowed to complete each project.