DEQ Home > Programs > Clean Fuels > Grants & Loans
Clean Fuels Program
Grants and Loans
2014-15 Award Announcement
The Utah Division of Air Quality has completed the evaluations of the Clean Fuel Grant and Loan Program applications for 2014-15. Grants totaling $500,000 and loans totaling $200,000 will be awarded. Successful applicants are being notified by mail regarding the details of their award. Congratulations to the following entities:
- CNG America—Loan
- Salt Lake City, Corporation—Grant
- Salt Lake Community College—Grant
- Salt Lake County Office of Township Services—Grant
- Southern Utah University—Grant
- University of Utah—Grant
- Utah Valley University/Office of Energy Development—Grant
- Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District—Grant
- Weber State University—Grant
Successful projects include the purchase of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) refuse trucks, cargo vans, and a shuttle bus, electric and electric-hybrid vehicles, as well as CNG refueling equipment and electric vehicle charging stations.
The Utah Clean Fuels and Vehicle Technology Grant and Loan Program, funded through the Clean Fuels and Vehicle Technology Fund, provides grants and loans to assist businesses and government entities in covering:
|Low-interest loans to cover the cost of converting vehicles to a cleaner burning fuel*||Grants to cover 50% of the cost of converting vehicles to a cleaner burning fuel (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed)*|
|Low-interest loans to cover the incremental cost of a clean fuel OEM vehicle as defined in 19-1-402||Grants to cover 50% of the incremental cost of a clean fuel OEM vehicle as defined in 19-1-402 (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed)|
|Low-interest loans to cover the cost of clean fuel refueling equipment for a private sector business vehicle or a government vehicle as defined in 19-1-402||Grants to cover the cost of clean fuel refueling equipment for a private sector business vehicle or a government vehicle as defined in 19-1-402|
- The annual combined total for all approved grants shall not exceed a maximum of $500,000.
- The maximum amount that may be approved by the Department for a loan or a grant is $200,000 per project; the minimum amount that may be approved is $5,000 per project.
- The maximum number of vehicles purchased, converted, or retrofitted using grant funds by any fleet operator shall not exceed 100 vehicles.
- 19-1-403 (1)(b) and R305-4-9 describe all of the restrictions for the Loan Program.
- 19-1-403 (1)(c) and R305-4-8 describe the restrictions for the Grant Program.
- Loan rates for a private sector vehicle shall be made at an interest rate provided by Subsection 19-1-404(2)(c). (Review the current loan rates.)
- A maximum of 2 years will be allowed to complete each project.
For more information contact: Lisa Burr at 801-536-4019.